Over 500 teams have entered turbines into the challenge with over 3,000 young engineers taking up the challenge! Check out some of great designs of the last few years, our current champions and benchmark scores that your team will have to compete against.
2012 USA Science & Engineering Festival
KidWinders Mike, Joe, Chad, and WindSenator Andy Lueth just rocked another KidWind Challenge, this time in Washington, DC! In advance of the challenge, we trained 30 teachers and 12 teams in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Participating teams convened at the second annual USA Science & Engineering Festival held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, April 27 – 29, 2012. We want to shout out a HUGE thank you to the participants, volunteers, and our sponsor, Wind Energy Foundation. Your energy and enthusiasm is what makes the KidWind Challenge such an awesome, inspiring event!
KidWind Challenge, Washington, D.C. 2012, winners include:
- First Place: BPAAK Wind Catchers J. Michael Lunsford Middle School, Chantilly, Va.
- Second Place: Team Legaspi Roland Park Elementary Middle School, Baltimore, Md.
- Third Place: Team Jefferson Jefferson Middle School, D.C.
- Judges Choice: Patriots, Turbinators
- First Place: ! TEAM ! National Cathedral School, D.C.
- Second Place: Team VXF Desert Mirage High School, Thermal, Calif.
- Third Place: Windy Wizards Langley High School, McLean, Va.